Wednesday 2 September 2009

Blessings!

I just realized that the title of this blog, The Orange Tree, sounds like the name of a pub. Actually I think there is a pub with the name in Finchley. Ah well.


This was on a friend’s facebook post and I had to copy. We are tested in so many ways. Sometimes, when things are good, or life isn’t too bad, we forget we are being tested. We forget our blessings and who we have been blessed by. As the one whose all sins were forgiven - the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, ‘Should I not be a grateful servant?’

The aim of the game – write down one thing for each letter, with a small explanation if you want. Try it out.



A. Always Ultra – this sounds dumb, but we can afford the little things that let us get on with life as normal. Imagine if you were in a war torn country, and supplies ran out. Doesn’t bare thinking about really.

B. Beauty – it’s a harsh world, but its there. And lots of it. Open your eyes to receive many gifts. And Beyonce – good times!

C. Chocolate – need I say more? And contact lenses. My glasses annoy me.

D. Driving – I love my car. And Dancing. Its all about shaking what ya mama gave ya aaiiight!

E. Everything? Ok how about Eyes. Big ones, pretty ones, deep ones, ones to stare into, ones to see with. Oh and Education.

F. Food! – I’m a foody. Also half the world doesn’t have enough and we have too much. And it’s Ramadan, so you know what I’m talking about. And family. And friends.

G. Ghana – all expenses paid, yeah that’s what I’m talking about!

H. Halal marshmallows. Yeah baby!

I. Ice cream – see how most of mine are to do with food? And Ice in coke with lemon on a hot day.

J. Jumpers – when its cold we’re snug and warm. Hoodies also falls into the ‘jumpers’ category. And my Job – really hard work but I am grateful for it.

K. Kenya – so beautiful and although some people can be annoying I’m glad I’m from there, east African Asian is the best kind of Asian!

L. Love – there’s not a lot of it around, but some people don’t have any. Parents, siblings, family, friends, your partner, your deen, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, Allah. Love it.

M. Money – some people have none. And mobiles – can anyone remember life before them?

N. Nandos!!

O. Orange trees

P. Parents. Don’t know what I did to deserve such great people in my life.

Q. Queues in this country. Ok so I’m inherently British, but in a mob I’m always scared I’ll get pushed to the back…I’m not a pushy person

R. Riaz. I love my brother the most!

S. Silly-ness. Why so serious all the time?

T. My driving instructor T. I wouldn’t have passed without him, and he also became a good therapist for that time! And travelling.

U. The umbrella song – no I don’t like it that much but it provides for a karaoke classic as my girlies will tell you

V. Vitamins…vitality…the letter V..did you know it doesn’t exist in Arabic?

W. www – what would we do without the internet? Go to the library maybe. Has made life lazy but easy 

X. xxx – kisses. Mwah!

Y. my Yellow cardigan , a piece of sunshine in my wardrobe. And YumYums, one of my favourite restaurants with some great memories

Z. Zzzzz…yep its sweet dreams in my lovely bed. Night.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, love the post and the way you thought of categorising your blessings. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shukran shukran. Try it out, makes you feel better about life :) xx

    ReplyDelete