Thursday 7 January 2010

Now its all about 2010 (belated x7)

A new year and a new term has started. Dont really know what to say or how I should be feeling. I normally hate new years, but seeing the fireworks was nice. I love fireworks, I think they are amazing. Although the journey home was long and fighting the freshies...an experience! I also love extreme weather. This seond bout of snow has been, literally and in every sense, a god send. School closed for the rest of the week is too good. Too good! Hmm I do hope I use it wisely instead of just chilling. Yeah right. And I left all my work, guess where, at work. Oh well. I think it was on purpose/subconscious. Some things may never change.
 

 
So new year and all that. Reading a lot of people’s blogs, they were all about resolutions, new starts, the assessments of the year just ended. I decided I woudn’t write something like that, not for any reason but that I didn’t want to. But speaking to someone, although it has been a really hard year, its also been amazing one, and I have so much to be grateful for. Alhamdulillah. So here are a few of those things, in no particular order:

 
  • · Going back to Spain and Rosales
  • · Being proposed to by the gorgeous Morroccan Spanish Imam (no I didn’t accept, but still very noteworthy)
  • · A best friend’s wedding (although it was traumatic for me in some ways, was very happy for her)
  • · Another best friend’s wedding (such fun, and I was asked to read out a poem which I had written myself)
  • · Going to India
  • · Being set up and getting quite a few offers
  • · Getting promoted at work
  • · Going to Poland (an arduous journey but it taught me a lot)
  • · Going to Bosnia
  • · Going to Ghana
  • · Getting closure
  • · Enjoying and appreciating being single
  • · Realising and learning a lot about myself and life and people and relationships
  • · Meeting someone amazing
  • · Starting this blog
For 2010...I want to see some action. I want to be part of it and act myself. Thats pretty much it. I dont make new years resolutions or anythign like that, but someone asked my what mine was. My instant reply was to dance more, and I’m going to stick to that one.

 

1 comment: