Sunday 28 February 2010

Liza Garza, Warsan Shire, Talented Women, Word.

This woman is amazing, so talented and beautiful, I love her. I’ve pasted some of her stuff below without changing anything at all. She’s articulated some of my thoughts and feelings for me.
Her blog can be found at http://lizagarza.wordpress.com/

haiku
Posted in 1 on February 27, 2010 by lizagarza



im tryin to get
to know me in front of you
please close your eyes tight
today.

Posted in 1 on February 27, 2010 by lizagarza
i give thanks for my parents. who have stood by my side when i made standing near me impossible…they have shown me love in ways i seek to return and to pass on to my children…


i give thanks for the lil things that bring me so much joy it makes my belly hurt… literally…watchin my daughter learn where he nose is…hearin my sons make new music…or even from a distance seein them confide in eachother…learning how to perfect their lives…and there selves…


i give thanks for my companions…who are truthful and sincere…and beautiful reflections of light…


i give thanks for the remembrance of GOD…for the ease that this brings me and the desire to remember…


ask yourself what is your purpose…what is your mission and are you fulfilling it…are you staying true to your path and surrounded by those who will call you to it…


i once heard a quote that i wish i would remember more ”doubt your doubts believe you beliefs”…hold to this with me…


and begin new….in loving and taking every moment and giving it its right…


live now.


love now…

day2. (5daycommitment)
Posted in 1 on February 21, 2010 by lizagarza
secrets held so solemn even we forget there meaning
lest we forget our lives


lest we forget our soul


lest we forget our passsions


lest we forget our treasures…hidden in heaven…where dust can not reside…where our fears could never hide…and our lusts become lost never to be found again…i swear ive seen my soul ascend. pastures of pleasure…


if i could only remember while i am forgetting the sins that were inscribed upon me…the burden removed from me…i would be a better woman…i could be a better servant but how soon i sully myself…choosing scabs and scars…blood and bruises….as my beauty marks…ive lost the part of me…that keeps me balanced…i hold me silent when i should be screaming…i hold me hostile when i should be loving…i hold me softly when i should be fighting…as if this were my last breath…as if this was my last test…my first truth…seems like it is now a distant friend…who seldom thinks of me…never dreams of me…and has lost any sweet desire to hold my presence…hold me present…in thought…or…person…


im passing…barely…and proving…less worthy…less holy…less wholesome…like the stories that fall from my mothers lips…how her beauty makes them so lovely…


so sacred…so solemn we hold our secret…even we forget their meaning…

day1. (5daycommitment)
Posted in 1 on February 20, 2010 by lizagarza

certain days i tend to agree with all that is good and pure and rich and worthy


and i welcome light as it were a lil child or a royal king a crown to place upon my forehead lightly touched with riches unmeasurable unleashed and unexpected undenied and awaitin glory and grace. i have found my self in my self in His self so precious and precise practicing patience holding to my virtue trustin in my honor and yet i am still and sinner my soul singin of songs too ugly to be unvieled for by the grace of my lord i am still loved and worthy to be hidden from the frowns of my enemies and of my loved ones…i have loved one man more then my mind can contain…more then i knew… i could not claim none of myself from that day forward….from that day backward i wonder where she went…and who she took with her…if i could time travel and tune in to visit a woman i know i must have loved…but too soon forgotten…too soon…it rottens like fruit in a dark damp place…lost life in a dark damp place…where the dry seeds also sprout…where we lose all doubt because we are left with no other option…. irresistible certainty…circling like spirit anointed doves…divine and designed for you to relax and reflect on love…in love…in awe…in God…



I also love Warsan Shire. It’s scary how talented someone so young can be. But I guess we are blessed in different ways. Is it bad to be jealous of someone’s talent?! Hehe. I think it is. Beautiful. This girl has a way with words like no one I’ve seen before.

Her blog can be found at http://warsanshire.blogspot.com/

I love writing and wish I could do it more often. I don’t know if I’ve got a talent (I got out of practice after primary school – says a lot for our wonderful educational system doesn’t it – haha)I’d like a creative project or something, something with a bit of direction to which I can channel my words. Although I also love the freedom of just being able to write and type my words and sentences and thoughts and feelings. I’m going to think of some things. I’ve got some really creative and talented friends, I’m going to ask them about project ideas.

---
was just thinking about you, saw a beautiful pic of a hijabi on Sartorialist and it made me want to take pictures of you. Your smile is more beautiful than hers

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html

scroll down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment