Wednesday 10 March 2010

I Love My Mum

Being ill is weird. I’m the sort of person who needs loads of sympathy and TLC; anything less gets me annoyed and angry. However, when others are ill, and yes depending on who they are, I try to keep away from them and ask them not to breathe on me. Yes, mean I know.
I’m currently undergoing a serious case of flu and in need of cheering up. My mum just did an amazing job. Two days off work and I don’t know if I’ll be able to go in tomorrow. I want to, even though it’s a really busy five period day. I’ve even missed Wednesday night, and I love, live for, Wednesday nights. Was just feeling too weak. Am surprised I can sit and write this, have been feeling so out of it, so physically weak.

But being ill has its advantages; you have an excuse for everything, you are meant to sleep loads and loads, and you generally take a break from busy day to day life. But this type of taking a break doesn’t mean you can go out and catch up with friends and sort things out, it’s more of a hibernate from the world break. Which is sometimes required. And when you do go back to work, you realise that the world carried on without you, and you really shouldn’t have worried so much. Your students asked where you were, you missed a couple of meetings and are a few lessons behind (you also missed some deadlines – oops) but that’s pretty much it.

And being this ill doesn’t happen often, twice a year for me; near the beginning and near the end, discounting the awful hayfever in between. And it does make you appreciate things, like work, and friends, and day to day life, and being up and about and stuff. Your health.

Ok, so I guess that’s why I’m writing this. If I can go into work tomorrow, I will. And I’ll pick up from where I left off, and catch up, and try to find all the stuff that’s been nicked from my desk. And If I can go into work tomorrow, I won’t. I’ll rest, and I’ll read if I can, and watch TV/films if I can, and try and get better.

I need to go and wash my hair, but don’t even feel like I have the energy for that right now. Sympathy..?

No comments:

Post a Comment